This morning I worked on laundry and refinishing a section of the pine flooring in the kitchen. Glad to be done with that job, I took some time out to finish the wooden pedestals I started here.
The painting and decoupage was done earlier, so today I just did some distressing, gave the bases a couple coats of wax, and glued on the pom pom fringe.
I really did not stray from the original design shown in the book. I used images from some old music books for the background, and added some flower images on top of that.These were really a fun project, so I'm going to keep an eye out for more salvaged finials!
Thanks for all the well-wishes. My kind husband waited on me over the weekend so I could rest, and I'm feeling a lot better.