This weekend I was really motivated to finish the knitted t-shirt. All that was left was a sleeve, the ribbing around the neckline, and sewing it all up.
I sewed one sleeve in and realized there was just too much sleeve for the armhole. When I tried it on, it was very obvious by the way the sleeve had puckered. It also seemed that the 1982 design was too high to the collar~husband & daughter agreed it didn't really look good there. I suppose I could have lived with that, but the thought of reworking the sleeves was too much (not that I would know where to even begin)...I started ripping it all out last night...I don't blame the pattern; I know lots of women have made it and loved it. I'm sure I must have done something wrong and am just chalking it up to lack of knitting experience.
Here's what I had this morning. I've cast on for a different short sleeve sweater, which is the one I actually bought the yarn for in the first place, but later changed my mind.