Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cross Creek ~ part III

These are the last of the pictures from Cross Creek,
I promise :)
~
On the property there were two chicken houses
and a pen for the mallard ducks.
While we were there, we saw chickens
and ducks free ranging...

A path through some of the surrounding woods...

This is a restored tenant house;
many of those who worked for Marjorie
stayed in her tenant house on the property...

















I found a used copy of Cross Creek Cookery,
so I'll be sure to let you know
what recipes I try--I'm afraid
I'll be skipping over the ones
that call for alligator and rattlesnake :)


Deb

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:13 PM

    Thank you so much for the photos! I am reading Cross Creek now (for the second time) and loving every minute of it. It's so nice to have these images to go along with the text. I was looking for the french doors that Moe put in, and here they are! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails