Monday, March 03, 2014

a long, hard winter...and a winner!








































 


 
 

 
Somewhere under all the sparkly snow are my raised beds.  This has been our view out back for the last few months--constant snow cover and record cold temperatures.  One morning this week was -5 F and we will be down around 0 F tonight...I know there are some of you that have been much colder...brrr!  The weather news on TV tonight was not encouraging, as they are predicting that the Great Lakes will keep our area colder than normal for the next 90 days.  I shall have plenty of time to make garden plans...
























On a happier note, I would like to announce the winner of the "Where Women Create Giveaway"...chosen by Random Number Generator:
 

Lori has left a new comment on your post "Where Women Create Giveaway":
thanks so much! And hope you are feeling much better... Thank YOU for your blog which will bring me spring inspiration

Lori, please contact me via email {you can find a link on my blog sidebar} so I can get your address.

Thank you everyone for your interest in the contest and for taking time to leave a comment!

4 comments:

  1. Deb, I subscribe to only a few blogs and I have never won a drawing! This is my first and it sure is bringing a big smile to my face 8~D
    Thanks so very much for offering a gift to your readers... I hope you will realize that time spent on your blog blesses others so we, in turn, will bless our families and homes...
    Thank you again!
    Lori in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Texas and we had temps in the balmy 70's on Saturday and by Sunday afternoon it was in the teens!
    The hot water froze in the bathroom sink but no pipes burst just minor things nothing Like your part of the country! I can't imagine below freezing temps!
    We finally got white stuff with this weather ICE! Your pictures ate lovely !
    Congrats to Lori for the win
    :)
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb
    What lovely photos you have taken. I love your blog. I live in Australia and we are just coming out of a long hot summer, so it is very interesting to see your photos about your winter. Thanks for your patterns - I have made a blanket out of your waffle knit dishcloth pattern - so beautiful and now one of my friends is gong to do the same. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Lori.

    We are having a long cold winter as well. Today the sun shone and it made everything so much better.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails