Wednesday, May 21, 2014

office chair makeover







Should you ever happen upon an ugly looking, but free office chair, have hope.  With a just a screwdriver, a staple gun, and some fabric on hand, it's the perfect candidate for a makeover.
 
In the midst of spring cleaning the spare bedroom I decided I could no longer live with the shabby-though-free office chair that Mike would sometimes use at the desk there.  It was one of those 'there's no better time than the present!' moments.  I rummaged through the fabric cupboard and came up with an Orla Kiely tablecloth that I found at Target a few years ago, grabbed a screwdriver and my staple gun, and set to work.  About an hour later it was done, and I got back to my spring cleaning.

12 comments:

  1. It looks great! What a transformation! I have an ugly office chair that I've been thinking of getting rid of and buying a new one. However, after seeing yours, I think I'll recover mine. It needs some additional padding but I bet I can fix that too! Thanks for the inspiration! Enjoy your "new" chair! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great, and there are plenty of scruffy office chairs out there asking for a makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you done gone and done it now! I must go look at my fabric stash to see what goes with the couch and wall paint in the office!!! Love the fabric you used, now that would be perfect. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! That looks like a brand new chair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! So impressive and such a shot in the arm to those of us considering, but not brave enough to go for it. Maybe now....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job on that chair....gives me the inspiration to try it on my old (and favorite) chair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I think I need a staple gun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a transformation!!! Love how the tablecloth suits the modern style of the chair. Awesome job.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:03 AM

    Deb...love the material...and the fact that you've done it in an hour...an inspiration....now i just need to figure out what to do with our one-arm-office chair...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wonderful! I'm in the midst of a major declutter too! Although it's autumn here not spring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Love your ability to tackle upholstery. The chair is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that is one great makeover! Love the material.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails