Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Apple Puff Pancake

This is delicious, and a great way to use up some fresh apples this time of year. It was our brunch today, since I had to leave before noon for church and then a doctor's appointment. During my hour wait at the doctor's office I actually addressed all the envelopes for my Christmas cards. (See organizedchristmas.com for some good holiday organizing tips.)

APPLE PUFF PANCAKE

Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
In 12" oven safe skillet heat the following to boiling:
2 T. butter
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. water

Add:
6 medium apples; each peeled, cored, & cut into 8 wedges
Cook for 15 minutes until golden and carmelizing.

Blend the following til smooth:
3 lrg eggs
3/4 c. milk
3/4 c. flour
1/4 t. salt
2 T sugar

Pour over the apples in skillet and place skillet in oven. Bake 15 minutes.
Serve immediately, sprinkled with confectioner's sugar if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails