It's been a whirlwind around here as summer
From the garden: I've been canning and dehydrating tomatoes and freezing string beans, zucchini, and corn
- the potatoes were dug but many have gone bad...not sure what went wrong this year
- there are lots of peppers--bells, bananas, & jalepenos--still to be picked and frozen
- the eggplant did not do well--nothing edible this year
- onions are still waiting to be pulled
- there's watermelon yet to be cut into and the squash looks good
- I'm cutting collards for our green smoothies
We took a week off for a stay-at-home type vacation
and hit a few yard sales and flea markets.
My best find was a primitive cupboard for $10...it's really rough--and that's after I removed the plywood doors with 1950's era handles which had been added to it at some point.
It needs a bit of restoration, but I have high hopes for it...
I've been concocting some more homemade 'stuff'--a new moisturizer recipe that I love and toothpaste! I'm really happy with both and will share more on them soon.
On a sad note, the vet was called out for Miss Jessica...30+ years is a long life for a pony...though she was in good spirits, her body was worn out, and so we said our sad good-byes. The good memories of happier days will live on,