Friday, March 17, 2006

Library & secondhand shop finds

I had some extra time this week to rummage around at the secondhand shop and this is what I found: two linen calendar dish towels
some blue cotton rick rack
some black twill tape
a large blue vintage button--might work great on the bag I'm making now
three stitch holders--which I really needed

Then at the library I checked out this book by Lucinda Ganderton. Not a new book but it looked interesting. Lots of basic information for needlecrafters with a variety of projects to try.

This patchwork pillow caught my eye--I would like to try the image transfer technique that was used on this cushion. It's done using an image transfer solution which I am not familiar with, but maybe tonight I can find it at Michael's.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have been having a nice time! I've been visiting your site for a couple of weeks now...wasn't sure if I could comment without having a Blogger site...finally figured not. I'm learning so much here in Blogville! Any way I enjoy your site very much and especially liked seeing your lovely sunroom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails