Monday, March 20, 2006

Projects Update

I have no completed projects to show. A birthday party over the weekend for the kids didn't leave a lot of time for sewing, but here's what I've been working on:

  • I'm working on a messenger style bag using the vintage dark green fabric I bought. The lining is ready to be sewn in as soon as I get the flap done. Hoping to finish this tonight.
  • I also started a tote bag using the blue and brown print. I've set that aside until I get a quilting foot for my sewing machine as I'm having trouble sewing through the multiple layers of fabric and ribbon I'm using. Hoping a new foot will help.
  • The cotton cabled tank I'm knitting (Cynthia) is also on hold for lack of a 16" circular needle. Joanns and Michael's stores are almost an hour away and when finally I got up there, neither store carried the size I needed. Hoping to find one this weekend when I head out to a yarn shop in a nearby town.
  • The bathroom is almost completely finished. The two antiques sconces are being stripped and repainted, and I really want to get them up before posting pictures.

I am greatly enjoying the beautiful fragrance coming from this hyacinth. The bulb was a birthday gift from my parents, and after a cool, dark time in the basement and some sunshine in the sunrooom, it is in full bloom. It may be freezing outside but in my sunroom it's Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Hyacinth is one of my favorite scents...I will usually buy them at least once in late winter to help me "over the hump"...yesterday I saw the first one in my garden. It is a white one and very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails