Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A taste of spring

This week we are enjoying temperatures above normal--we may even reach 70 degrees, before some rain arrives at the end of the week. But the best is the SUN, which we have barely seen since last fall; so I headed outside to enjoy it and find some signs of spring...



The hens have been flying the coop to ravage every flower bed I have for bugs & worms. They travel the yard in little gangs of three or four, methodically covering every square inch.
The daffodils are up in the front bed and are forming buds-it won't be long!

And walking up the lane, I found these pussy willows.

So, much of the week has been spent outside cleaning out flower beds (much already done by the chickens) and raking the yard and soaking up some much needed sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails