Thursday, February 02, 2012

vintage planner/journal tutorial ~ part III

Have you started on your vintage book project yet?...


The possibilities are endless when it comes
to the insides of your vintage book cover notebook:
  • calendars
  • planning/organizing pages
  • blank/lined pages
  • artwork pages for subject dividers
  • scrapbooking papers
  • use your imagination!
A paper cutter and adjustable 3-hole punch
make the job a bit easier,
but you can certainly get by without.




A little Fiskars punch is handy
for rounding corners...


Gummed index tabs are nice for making
your own subject dividers...


And red bordered labels...my favorite!







For more pictures of the insides of these
books, see my set on Flickr here.

For those of you who were interested
in purchasing one, these four are available
as follows:

*SOLD* Beginning French Planner
  • 2012 'Daytimer' weekly/monthly calendars w/tabs
  • 5 artwork subject dividers
  • lined notepaper
  • measures approximately 5.5" x 8.5"
  • Price $35 USD ~ free domestic shipping
*SOLD* Merle's Crusade Journal/Notebook
  • 150 sheets blank vintage paper
  • 16 sheets nature-inspired illustrations
  • measures approximately 5" x 7.5"
  • Price $ 25 USD ~ free domestic shipping
*SOLD* Dorothy In California Planner/Journal
  • 2012 'DayRunner' tabbed month-in-view calendar
  • 120 sheet lined paper
  • 12 sheets months-of-the-year illustrations
  • elastic strap closure
  • measures approximately 5" x 7.5"
  • Price $25 USD ~ free domestic shipping
*SOLD*  Past & Present {Silver Embossed Cover} Journal/Notebook
  • 90 sheets blank paper {cream color}
  • random sheets of classic poetry
  • elastic strap closure
  • measures approximately 3.75" x 6"
  • Price $25 USD ~ free domestic shipping 
~
Just email me if interested--I will be
happy to ship internationally--just let me know
and I will give you a quote on shipping.
~
Happy Crafting!

Deb

25 comments:

  1. Thank you...I love this project and just scored several books at our local library, free. Heading to the big city tomorrow so can get rest of items needed.thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy--I would love to see what you come up with...Deb

      Delete
  2. Those are absolutely beautiful works of art. Thanks so much for sharing the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! You're very welcome...Deb

      Delete
  3. Have you ever written about how to make lip balm? I'm so curious about how to do this!!!!! Claudia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Claudia, I've never tried making my own lip balm, but I have thought about it -- it's on my list of things to do :) Deb

      Delete
  4. Deb,

    Thank you so much for posting these instructions, you are a doll! I cannot wait to try making one (or more :))

    Have a blessed weekend!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome--have fun with it!
      Thanks for the visit...Deb

      Delete
  5. Fabulous tutorial....I've a million ideas running around in my head! What brand is the hole punch you use? Thanks again for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, the 3-hole punch is an Acco, bought by my husband about 20+ years ago. I love it because the hole spacing is adjustable, and it's very heavy duty...Deb

      Delete
  6. I just discovered your blog via Ravelry. It's wonderful! I've enjoyed reading your posts over coffee this morning. Thank you for sharing so many wonderful posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on all your sales...I really want to make one of these unique books. My daughters made a purse out of our worn out Harry Potter book...you might enjoy seeing it...here is the link ~ http://www.onlyinlouisianas.com/2010/09/creativity-running-rampant.html. I am going to show them your tutorial...I know they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Harry Potter purse--that is so creative! And the index card system is so clever--I have a daughter that loves to write also...Deb

      Delete
  8. How inspiring, they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, glad you stopped by!...Deb

      Delete
  9. They're wonderful! Totally creative idea...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I've finally started Deb! Thanks to you.

    http://flepandco.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/vintage-planner.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your planner Lilian! It looks great...Deb

      Delete
  11. Deb - these are absolutely fabulous! I'll definitely be sharing with my readers at Blue Velvet Chair..and hope to try some for myself. Where do you get your grommets and bookrings? I will have to order them since they won't be easy to find here in Sweden.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for such a great idea! I've worked through your steps and managed to make my wife a great journal! Hopefully she will be as stoked as I am!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Deb, your books are so beautiful. I have some books that I bought that are just sitting on my shelf. Thanks for the inspiration. One thing-where did you get those beautiful tags with red border?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your books are beautiful. I like the red lined labels too. Where do you get them? Have some books on she that I purchased specifically for a project like this. Thanks for the extra inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi--
    I've recently discovered this page, and love the tutorial! I couldn't get the Flickr link to work, though. Is it still available? I'd love to see more examples of the insides...

    I actually discovered a children's book with my name in the title ("Good Old Kristie") and am going to deconstruct it for this project. It's got a great illustration of a stubborn-looking horse on the front... makes me laugh!
    --Kristie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails