Friday, April 21, 2006

Thrifty recycled blouse

I've seen some articles recently about recycled clothing and it got me thinking about a blouse that has been hanging in my closet for several years. I bought it at a garage sale for a couple dollars; a real bargain, I thought, for a new Banana Republic blouse with tags, never mind that it was two sizes too big for me--it was Irish linen and really nice! Of course, I never wore it because no matter how many times I tried it on, it still didn't fit! :) So, at the store the other day, I picked up this New Look blouse pattern figuring I could deconstruct the shirt and remake it. Why had I never thought of this before?! A lot of ripped stitches and a pile of scraps later, here's what I ended up with...
Annoyingly, I did not take a 'before' picture, being too impatient just to get started.



1 comment:

  1. Very well done!
    Now you can replace the Banana Republic tag with a Homespun Living tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails