Thursday, June 22, 2006

Corners of my Home~Foyer

This dresser and mirror sit in my foyer. I know I posted this picture before, but I have a couple more to add.
The chest of drawers keeps all our gloves, scarves, keys, sunglasses, etc. out of sight and relatively organized. The mirror frame was chipped in spots when I found it at a flea market, but with some patch work with drywall compound and some touch-up paint you can't really tell. My little antique clock doesn't work anymore, so it's just for looks. Reflected in the mirror you can see the coat closet that is opposite.

This chair sits to the left of the dresser. It has sentimental value as it belonged to my aunt and godmother. I made some slipcovers for it of tan and white ticking. This is where everyone sits to put shoes/boots on and off.
This hand carved chair, which sits on the other side of the dresser, belonged to my in-laws. I made a little slipcover for it also of some Ralph Lauren fabric I found at Walmart some years ago.
I'm off now to clean the house and then get ready for the yard sale tomorrow and Saturday. I promise to fit the apron giveway in sometime Friday, though it may be later in the evening. Have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. Your chairs are uniquely wonderful! Your slipcovers are a wonderful idea. I have a chair that would look great with one. hmmm... you have me thinkin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best ideas. I love the slipcovers and the chairs are so unusual and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your foyer is very inviting! I, too, have an old clock sitting out that doesn't work. It belonged to my grandfather so it is special to me. I have a lot of items in my home that belonged to various family members and everytime I see one I think of them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, your foyer is so inviting! You have such a gift for decorating and I admire your sewing abilities! I have always thought the front door and the foyer give people a "taste" of what's to come when they enter a home and yours beckons "welcome." Having seen other areas of your home this is so true! BYW, I love the corner of my home idea. Would you mind if I use it?
    Blessings to you and good luck with the yard sale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful chairs!
    I love the way you've used fabrics that give them a more light hearted feel.
    Ticking is one of my favorite fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool chairs! I like your style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your foyer is very welcoming and I LOVE the chairs!! Good luck with your yardsale tomorrow. :0)

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan,
    Please join in!...the idea for 'Corners of my Home' started with SouleMama's blog (soulemama.typepad.com). There is also a flickr group, where you can post all your 'Corners' pictures ~
    http://flickr.com/groups/86662290@N00/
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, your chairs with slipcovers looks really beautiful! I love such slipcovers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:31 AM

    What gorgeous furniture, so elegant. Thanks for sharing. Blessings :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful furniture! I am just over visiting from Dawn's blog. I love your bolster pillow also. You have a special touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails