Thursday, September 21, 2006

corners of my home & some finished sewing



In my sunroom I have a little three legged stool that I found at a sale. It looked pretty sad and needed recovering. I love to collect old & new pieces of needlepoint, so I chose a piece to fit the stool and stapled it on.

To cover the edges and to give it a more playful look I added some pom pom fringe. I love refurbishing old footstools ~ it's usually quick and easy which makes for a fun project.

I finished up some of the several sewing projects I have started. Last night I finished this bag for myself. I had seen something similar, a book bag I think, at American Eagle recently when out shopping for my son. It's a very plain khaki twill on the outside, so inside I lined it with a large floral in fall colors and lined the handle in the same. I added grommets to the sides and attached the handle with some large metal clips. It has a magnetic clasp and some roomy pockets inside...


I also finished up a batch of tissue holders for the shop...

Thanks everyone, for all your wonderful comments ~ I look forward to them so much!

9 comments:

  1. Such pretty things Debbie. I LOVE the footstoole. The pale shade of blue is wonderful !! Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:06 PM

    That footstool is adorable! Love the pom pom fringe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the bag! The lining is beautiful. And the footstool...sweet pom pom fringe! I love those little embellishments that make a piece special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That footstool is so sweet and fun. I love the pom pom fringe. The bag is great. I love the idea of putting the lining on the handle. It's a great size, too. I am still resisting the tissue holder...don't know how much longer I can hold out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the footstool is just darling and I LOVE the pom-pom fringe!!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb!

    As usual, I love to see the corners of your home :-) I enjoy these posts very much!

    The footstool are beautiful! Is it really easy & fun to make? It looks complicated to me ;-)

    The bag is very pretty & I love those fall colours! It looks like a bag that would be perfect together when you put on warm autumn clothes & go for long walks and coffee outside in the autumn sun.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful footstool. I hope you don't let anyone put their feet on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie,
    Cute footstool! I have a needlepoint much like it on a footstool that my grandma made. It doesn't have the darling pom pom fringe tho. Thanks for all you do to inspire us!
    ~Jody

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! You've been busy! Isn't it great?? The footstool is very pretty. Love the bag! I've been so inspired by seeing so many sewn purses, bags and totes, that I went wild at the Jo-Ann pattern sale the other day. I can hardly wait to start, but will have to until probably all the Christmas gifts are made. What motivation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails