Thursday, March 03, 2011

Cross Creek visit

The visit to Cross Creek, the farm that
Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings moved to in 1928,
was one of the highlights of my Florida trip.
The house was not open for tours the day we
were there, so all pictures of the house interior
were taken through the screen doors/windows;
hence, they are not the best.  I hope
you will enjoy them anyway...
~
We entered through this gate
to the citrus grove...




The farmhouse was assembled from three separate
buildings connected with porches, 40 years before Marjorie
moved there.

Looking at the front of the house...


and the front porch, where Marjorie did most
of her writing...




What a perfect spot to nap on a hot
summer day/night...


Living room...


bedroom...

and even the closet had a window
so I could get a picture ...


This is about half the pictures I have to share;
so, I will post the rest next time.
~
I found a copy of the book Cross Creek, a narrative
of Rawling's life in the remote Florida hamlet,
at the library, and I can't wait to get
started on it...



Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails