Thursday, January 12, 2017

A work in progress...




It has been almost a year since we moved into our newly-built little house.  At that time, I was doing dishes in the bathroom sink...we still needed to install more flooring, several sinks, the Jotul stove, doors, and loads of trim, etc.  We are slowly getting there and making progress. For those who have asked, here are some pictures of where we are at today.

After entering the house through the mudroom, the walk-through pantry, closet, laundry area, and a powder room are through a doorway to the left.  The pantry space still needs a tile backsplash and shelving, and the closet door will hopefully be installed soon:


We're thinking of using this marble subway tile:


Just through the pocket door is the powder room:











{We haven't even started on any of the baseboard yet}:



I have some antique brackets and a shelf to be mounted over the laundry folding counter. Underneath I am able to store my laundry cart and drying rack.  The piece of marble was a Craigslist find:


Looking back through the pantry to the mudroom hall and into the kitchen.  Most all of the trim has been installed and painted in these two areas.  Mike added the plank walls using white oak planks leftover from the floors. The pocket door still needs its hardware:


The old flag belonged to my father-in-law and only has 48 stars, probably from his Navy days during WWII ?:


More to see next time--right now it's back to my paintbrush!

Deb

20 comments:

  1. It is beautiful. I love the crisp white and muted greys and I especially love your bench tops and cupboards. If we ever build again, that's what I'd have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, a lot of hard work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so fresh and beautiful. Love your clean design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about your place so far! The kitchen/mudroom/laundry excellent. The flooring is perfect. Can't wait to see more. Everything you have done is lovely. Oh I wish I had the money, property and house to build, these days it's tough.
    Thank you so much for sharing the work so far. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, this is so lovely! What a wonderful job you and your husband are doing on this home. Pocket doors!!! What a creative idea for your pantry/laundry/powder/mud room, so clever. How nice to have a separate pantry/baking room. Thank you so much for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:58 PM

    I love every choice! You have created an absolutely lovely home. The crisp whites, the floors, it is all splendid. So delighted that you shared these photos with us................I have been curious. Can't wait to see the future progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about it! You've both done such a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so nice to see an update. It is all so pretty and peaceful feeling. You two do good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is so lovely! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE seeing the photos!! Everything looks wonderful! I look forward to seeing more! :o) I also love pocket doors! I love that you guys incorporated them in your new home! Can't wait until you post again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's all so beautiful! I love how all the details you've added have taken a brand new build and made it feel vintage! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deb, everything just looks wonderful - so pretty, so calm and serene. I have always admired your design aesthetic, it really speaks to me. I so enjoy these photos and am really looking forward to seeing more as you and Mike progress with things. Big thumbs up to all we've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! It looks something you see in magazines! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new home is taking shape wonderfully.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so happy to have found your blog and IG account this weekend! I spent a leisurely afternoon enjoying your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love what you've done and am looking forward to seeing your home as it progresses. As is it is perfectly lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your home looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many wonderful design touches. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails