It all started with this book I found
on the library sale shelf and the
Hexagan Granny One pattern...
I gathered up yarn I already had on hand
and crocheted a few hexagons each evening.
I realized I had to make half hexagons for
the ends, but didn't think about the top
and bottom edges til I pieced it together,
so I did some fill-in crochet--2 rows--and
that gave me a straight edge...
Downstairs I found a discarded Gap cotton sweater
to use for the back of the pillow cover a la Lucy.
I followed her directions for the crocheted button
...and added some vintage red buttons.
I've just started on a second pillow cover,
with granny squares this time.
Have a great weekend!