Thursday, October 27, 2005

October gardens and cake




This picture was actually taken a couple weeks ago--one of the last sunny days we had. The mums are the final burst of color in the garden in the fall, along with some pink hollyhocks and the New Dawn roses.

This past weekend was Mike's birthday. His cake was my version of the chocolate pumpkin cake from the October Country Living magazine.
















The last two weeks have been cloudy and rainy--perfect weather for mushrooms. Out by the barn, these two popped up.

Today is another gloomy day, great for just sitting by the woodstove and knitting. There is only half a sleeve left to go on the Debbie Bliss sweater--maybe if I can get through the mountain of laundry waiting to be folded, I could actually sit and get it finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails