Saturday, January 21, 2006

Lemon curd and cream scones


This morning's job was to defrost the big freezer downstairs--a dreaded job but it is always so nice once it is done. While I was waiting for the ice to melt away, I made some lemon curd and cream scones for a treat with our tea.

Lemon Curd

1/2 c. sugar

5 T butter, cut up

2 large eggs beaten

1/4c. lemon juice

2 T grated lemon zest
Cook over simmering water for one hour. Stir occasionally. It will thicken as it sets. Transfer to bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Keeps about one week. *This is very tart, so for a sweeter version, increase the sugar.

I found the recipe for the cream scones over at Laine's Letters.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails