Friday, May 05, 2006

Corners of my Home

I'm a little late for Corners of my Home, which I usually post on Thursdays. Yesterday was very busy as I went with my daughter who had to register for her college classes. We took the rest of the day to do some shopping.

These photos are of my laundry room. The cross stitch is something I did long ago. The baskets are 'made in Poland' and were found at flea markets. They usually hold hand washables or small pieces to be ironed or mended. The glass jar holds extra clothespins. To the left is an old enamel topped table that I use for folding laundry.

Items that come from the dryer often get put in this wicker laundry basket, which sits on the washer, to be folded.





I have a vintage wooden ironing board, but for quick, small jobs I use this little board. The wonderful job Clarice did covering her ironing board got me motivated to finally get a cover made for this. The old one was ratty, but I had been procrastinating for some time. Now I'm so happy that it's done.

On the wall I have hanging an old washboard, an enamel washtub, and a wire rugbeater (which I just noticed didn't make it in the picture-sorry). These are my reminders that I should be thankful for modern conveniences!





The wall cabinet was actually made from an old window. My husband helped me make a wooden box for the cabinet and attach the window with hinges. We used an antique replica latch to close it. We added shelves and molding at the top. Right now it is filled with folded fabric and storage boxes of notions. On top are a couple more baskets.





Last night while out shopping I also bought some lavender essential oil, and this morning I mixed up some of Clarice's recipe for lavender linen water. I can't wait to give it a try today!

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow...between you and Clarice I'm certainly motivated to do something about my ugly old cement basement laundry room! Yours is really pretty and would make doing laundry a pleasure rather than the dreadful chore I feel it is now. I love your baskets and the window cabinet. I have an old wooden ironing board in my craft room for display, and have a few of the other items saved for when I do fix up the room. I feel inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I loved seeing your lovely laundry room! You are getting my creativity flowing as I imagine how I can pretty mine up. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, your laundry room seems very nice! It must be a plesure to do laundry in such a room. I really like your baskets, and the old wooden ironing board. The white wall cabinet was lovely too, and smart, made from a window! It really gave me some inspiration! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:43 PM

    What a lovely home you have! Even your laundry room is so creative and pretty! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lovely laundry room, I really like the colours and even though you have some things which are purely decorative it is still a very practical room. My laundry is done in an old wash-house that needs some serious work - you have given me some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your laundry room...inspires me to paint mine! Makes me want to be in there doing the task!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely blog you have...I found it through Clarice's blog.

    I love your laundry room. I have some old items in mine. If you'd like to take a look, go to my home tour website at http://www.freewebs.com/annewithane65

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your laundry is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails