Monday, October 30, 2006

the weekend

It was a girls' weekend here, as the men of the family were off on a hunting trip. Most of Saturday & Sunday were spent at a Halloween Horse Show that my daughter was riding in. Even though it was cold and rainy, it was a good time and her horse, Sparky cooperated much better than he had at the last few shows ~ three first place ribbons, which included a costumed dressage test in Renaissance garb.
We also went out for pizza and hot cocoa, church, and otherwise stayed close to the woodstove and watched some movies.
Sunday evening I continued work on a bag Stephanie wanted for carting books and art supplies to college. She wanted one like I made here, and picked out the cherry fabric for the lining. After several setbacks~broken needle, glue problems, and other issues~I managed to finish it up this morning.

If you've seen Marie Claire Idees the horse will look familiar. It's the template they have in the back used on a tote bag in the magazine. I tried to glue it on using Fabric Tac, and though it's always worked well for me in the past, it did not work here. In the end some fusible webbing did the trick. I hope she likes it.

The sun is shining today and we're up in the 50's, so I'm headed outside to gather eggs and feed the hens, and whatever else needs to be done. Have a good Monday!

7 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Marie Claire.. but that horse bag is really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:12 AM

    What a cute tote, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your daughter and Sparky!
    Well, despite the troubles you've had with it, the bag turned out really nice and the applique is perfect was a perfect choice.
    Love the slipcover on your chair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:27 PM

    Congratulations to your daughter for the winning job at the horse show!

    The bag is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:38 AM

    Sounds like a lovely weekend!
    Your daughter did really well then. Congrats to her & Sparky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bag. I bet she really likes it. I'm going to have to pick up a Marie Claire. I see such good ideas from it all around the blog community.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails