I have been searching my shelves & bins for
some fabric that I could use to test out a
and came across a white, nubby linen-like material
which was given to me.
Before any cutting, however, I had to tackle the
whole Japanese pattern issue--a sheet of multiple
sized patterns, lines all overlapping, and a bit
nerve-wracking to say the least.
I took a deep breath and decided to take it one line
at a time, carefully using a highlighter to outline
my desired pattern...it went better than expected
and before I knew it, I had the pieces all traced out...
I found out that a spare roll of Tyvek paper from the
great pattern paper--I unrolled the Tyvek, laid the
pattern sheet on top with a sheet of carbon paper
in between. The Tyvek is perfect--tough, yet lightweight
and easy to pin through.
The pattern pieces are cut, and I've cut
out the fabric pieces for pattern 3c, the
drawstring dress--I'm just making a tunic length
since that's all the fabric I have enough for.
I really like the boatneck and the drawstring tie
around the waist...and no buttons or zippers required :)
Before starting that though, I've finished
up a few clothespin bags,
which can be found in the firefly farm shop...
Hope you have a wonderful Spring weekend,