The baby quilt is finished!...just in time for the shower this past weekend. The hand quilting with perle cotton went fairly quick, but still took me some time just working on it a little each day. I decided to use black & white gingham for the binding and intended to finish it with hand stitching, but was out of time. I ended up using this Fast Machine Quilt Binding tutorial, and it worked wonderfully. The quilt was then popped in the washer and dryer which gave it that nice puffy look. Already I'm considering what the next quilting project will be--maybe that Amish quilt top that I started repairing long ago...
Because I can't seem to work on one project for too long, I took some time out one day to make a cotton cord basket. The dogs' toys need to be contained, and I thought this would work well. I'm very happy with the basket, which was so easy to stitch up...but, no sooner is my back turned, and Fluffy has every toy dumped out, the basket in her mouth and proceeds to shake the living daylights out of it. The basket has now been put away for its own safety.
Despite some snow last week, it seems Spring has finally arrived. Some daffodils and forsythia have appeared around the old garage.
Some new bags have made it into the Shop, and I'm now working on some vintage book cover journals.
There's been a reader request for a peek at the Parsonage kitchen, so if you are interested, stop back later this week and we'll take a little tour.
Thanks for visiting,