Wednesday, May 11, 2016

in the new workroom







We have been in this new house just over three months now--we have accomplished a lot, but there is still so much more to be done.  We still need to finish the kitchen {the soapstone sink and counters should be installed soon!}, I need to finish painting the kitchen cabinets, all the trim in the house needs to be installed and painted, and the powder room needs its sink installed.  Meanwhile something needs to be done with the yard, and I am so hoping to get the frames in place for our raised beds which moved with us--I cannot wait to get gardening again!  Last week we planted out 30 trees and 30 shrubs around the property.  They are very small, but I am hoping they will grow quickly.
My workroom is finally organized, for the most part.  I could barely walk through due to all the stuff that would end up here as we worked on other rooms.  Now I can sew.  And, my good husband saw an ad for a vintage Singer 201 and bought it for me.  My old 101-4 was running very sluggish, and so the 201 is handling the leather sewing so much better.  I have been working on some bags for a special commission and hope later this summer to actually get some made for the shop
I am dreaming of making another quilt, whenever I can squeeze it in. I found some quilting books at the library sale and am thinking maybe I will try the flying geese pattern...
Deb

22 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your blog,it was wonderful to see pictures of your creative space. Your home looks beautiful. I am happy to see you brought your raised beds with you and look forward to seeing those pictures, too. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, thank you so much for sharing your workroom photos. I really enjoy seeing how you put a room together - your style is so peaceful, useful and harmonious. It makes me happy. Happy to hear things are coming together - I know you and your husband are working hard, and will glad when it is finally accomplished and you can rest in the joy of your new home. Please continue to keep us posted!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful room, so bright and cheery looking! Wow, 30 trees and 30 shrubs, you'll be living in a forest! Thank you for sharing your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful Creative space Deb! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work space is lovely. Very well organized.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! I love hearing and seeing all of your progress. And - the wall collection of all the framed pieces. So lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful space and so organized.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely Deb workroom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much like our home at the moment. Getting the architraves and skirtings on becomes an exciting highlight in the month! I fully understand your dilemma. So much to do but the creative urges are starting to call a little more insistently. Here's to the light at the end of the tunnel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love it!!! :) Your workroom looks like an enjoyable place to "work"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am setting up a new workspace, and yours is such an inspiration. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done, Deb! It looks inviting, beautiful, and functional. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful workroom! You are sure to spend many happy, productive hours in this room.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Deb, thank you for sharing/updating your new house progress. Your workroom is lovely as are the other spaces you have shown.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Deb, thank you for sharing/updating your new house progress. Your workroom is lovely as are the other spaces you have shown.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous5:46 PM

    You're a lucky ducky! I have to keep my crafting in the dining room. Enjoy your lovely space - I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Debbie ~ It is so nice to see some of the items from the old house being used in the new house. I've never left a comment before (at least I dont think I have), but I have been a reader/follower of your blog for many, many years. Thank you for sharing.

    Kristianna

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails