Thursday, December 05, 2013

less than three weeks til Christmas?





 
 
Hope your Thanksgiving was good!  Ours was snowy white and wonderful.  I tried something new this year {from my Fanny Farmer cookbook} and baked our 21 lb turkey for an hour and a half, breast-side down in the parchment lined roaster; then we carefully flipped it over and finished roasting as normal.
The breast meat was deliciously moist with this method...I can't believe I never heard of this before, but it's the way I will be cooking it from now on.
 
We did not finish our farmhouse table, but were happy to get a start on it.  Four old porch posts found at a yard sale are being used for the legs.  The apron boards are new poplar wood.  The base of the table will be painted, and the top will be stained.  We are still looking for boards for the top, but what we've looked at so far is way too pricey.  With no salvaged wood on hand that will work, we are going to check a few other places for planks.
 
Can you believe it's less than 3 weeks til Christmas?  My want-to-do list and my need-to-do list seem to grow daily.  At tea time I am working on some knitted gifts, in the afternoon I do some shop-related sewing, and in the evening I try to fit in some time for Christmas gift sewing.  I haven't started to decorate, but have added some crafty ideas to my Pinterest board that I would love to make time for.
 
How are your holiday plans coming along? 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. An all white post, how clean and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard about roasting a turkey that way either. I will have to give it a try. Very pretty snowfall pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea on how to keep the breast meat of a roasted turkey moist!! I will really have to give that a try.

    My Christmas plans are very slowly coming together. Now that my washer is fixed I should be able to get a few more things ready to go. I have a few gifts to buy, but I will be finished with those next week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip on the turkey. Your table is going to look great. Good luck with the search. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see how your table turns out - I do hope you will show us a photo of the progress and when it is finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! Look at all that snow! I feel quite envious LOL. Thanks for the Turkey tip. I am going to give it a go this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment--I love reading each and every one! I will try to answer any questions you have in the comment section. Due to the amount of spam, I am sadly no longer able to accept Anonymous comments....Kindly, Deb

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails